How to sell a junk car for cash easily?
Selling wrecked car is usually a big headache for the owner as it is difficult to convince the buyer to buy it at a reasonable value. Most of the junk car buyers know that you are desperate to sell
- Ensure the title of the vehicle: Potential buyers are always looking for owner’s title to check their credibility. Absence of a title can turn off the buyers. If you have lost your title, then you can contact your local department of motor vehicle for replacement.
- Determine the actual worth of your wrecked car:It is worth spending time researching the value of your car before you start your negotiations with the buyers. You can ask your acquaintances who have recently sold their wrecked car.
- Try to get quotations offline or online:You need to contact multiple buyers to get the best quote for your wrecked car. You can ask your nearest junk car buyers or get quotes online by posting your ad.
- Finalize your decision to sell junk car: If you are not getting good quotations, you can hold your transaction back. However, you must set a deadline for selling as it is not advisable to keep a junk car in your garage.
- Offer them to test drive your car: If you feel that your car is still in working condition, then you can offer the buyer a test drive. If they feel that car components are working properly, they might offer you a higher price.
Preparations before you finalize your deal
- Get your paperwork ready: To crack a good deal you need to be prepared in advance with all your paperwork to have a smooth negotiation. The documents include the car’s title, service and maintenance records, registration, etc. Once the deal is finalized, it is always frustrating to find essential documents missing.
- Set an offer price: First you need to research the market price of wrecked cars and then offer a price slightly higher as a buffer for a discount. However, do not offer very high price otherwise you will lose potential buyers.
- Try for car curb appeal: Before you show your car to a buyer, clean it properly by vacuum cleaner to remove dirt and apply wax for polishing. This will create a good impression on the buyer and would ease the negotiation process.
- Create online ads: To reach out a large number of potential buyers you need to post an online advertisement on websites describing the specification of your wrecked car including mileage, model and year of production. You can also upload pictures of your car to attract buyers.
- Screen callers: It is better to create a separate email or get a new number to provide it to the buyers so that after the car is sold, you are not bothered by unnecessary calls. You must also be ready to share information about your car when asked to do so.
- Set a safe test drive:Arrange a test drive in advance at a safe place which is most crowded. Also, take someone along with you for support. Before you give your car for a test drive, do check the driving license of the buyer. Also, sign an agreement on any damage caused by accident during a test drive.
- Finalize the deal: Once you have negotiated on the price, finalize the transaction by asking the buyer to pay you the cash agreed upon. Do not accept any installments or delayed payments. If you are accepting a cheque, ensure that the bank details are correct to avoid a case of bounce.
If you are also looking for a place to sell your junk car then sellthecars.com is the best platform for you. It is a company having 30 years of experience in this field. The company provides instant payment to the seller after the car is picked up by them. Sell the cars has all the qualities like it is insured, bonded and reliable. For selling your junk car easilydo contact sellthecars.com.