Things companies do after buying wrecked car for cash
Time and again you may have heard about companies buying junk cars. Around the year many wrecked car owners sell car for cash. However, you may have wondered what these companies do with these junk cars which seem to be useless to us. No matter how bad is the condition of the car, it is still worth enough to be bought for a reasonable amount of money. There are many ways in which junk car buyers utilize used cars:
- Rebuilding the wrecked car: Some of the junkyard buyers rebuild the old wrecked car by utilizing its usable parts such as frame and customizing the rest of it. If the frame of the car is severely damaged, then some repair work including denting and painting makes it usable.
- Dismantling and selling car parts separately: Sometimes the car as a whole is not in a running condition and it would cost a lot in repairing the damages. In such a situation, junkyard buyers dismantle the parts that are still working and sell them separately. The parts are also used for customizing another junk car which requires custom parts.
- Recycling leftover parts of the car: This is last resort for the junkyard buyer if neither the car nor its parts are of any use. There are a variety of materials including aluminium and steel that constitute the body and parts of the car. These materials are heavy and can be melted in order to reshape into new parts.
In what ways wrecked car can be recycled
You would be glad to know that if you sell wrecked car then your useless car can be recycled into something new, adding to a great value to it. As per the auto recycling statistics, the cars that you own today can be a source of recycled products of tomorrow. The data suggests that around 80% of the wrecked cars can be recycled into something new. Here are some of the facts relating to the recycling of cars:
- The international automobile recycling industry is approximately 75 years old.
- The industry is dominated by small units each employing around 10 workers.
- Around 25 million tons of materials are recycled from wrecked car parts annually.
- Of all the recycled products around the world, automobiles are the most popular among the customers.
- The car recycling industry is one of the major industries in the USA employing more than 100,000 people. The industry contributes heavily to the national GDP to approximately $25 billion.
- A number of cars recycled in the USA exceed 12 million. Recycling of used cars in USA and Canada produce approximately 13 million new cars.
- Europe alone recycles approximately 8 million used cars.
- In North America, the recycling industry is able to save approximately 85 million barrels of oil which would have been consumed for making new auto parts. Moreover, the industry contributes around 40% to the metal scrap industry. Approximately 37% of ferrous parts are supplied to blast furnaces and smelters in the USA.
- Approximately 14 million tons of steel is derived from automobile recycling industry with each car contributing about 25% of its body weight. Around 27 million cars are recycled after they reach the end of their lives.
- Non-metallic parts such as rubber of a junk car are also useful as they can be recycled into tires.
The aforementioned facts give a clear indication of the dynamic and vibrant nature of the automobile recycling industry and how much it contributes to the economic growth and employment globally.
If you are planning to sell car for cash, do visit sellthecars.com and experience a quick and safe selling process. The company has 400 offices in the USA and specialize in buying all types of cars and trucks. It is the only national company which has 30 years of experience in this field. It is a bonded, insured and A+ rated company.