Wrecked cars: Things we can do with them
If your car gets a significant amount of damage through an accident then your car is now in the wrecked car category. If the thought to sell wrecked car comes to your mind then there are three major things which one needs to analyze. These are the amount of damage faced by the car, the cost to repair this damage and the value of the wrecked car. These factors help in deciding the car owner whether it is profitable to sell the wrecked car or not.
Here are the various options for dealing with wrecked cars:
- If it is declared totaled then take the money from an insurer-If the car is insured and an accident happens to lead to car damage, then the insurance company will calculate the amount of money the car requires for repair. If the repair amount is more than the actual cost of the car then the client receives money from the company and the car is declared as totaled. The level of damage at which the company declares a car totaled might change from place to place. Sometimes an old car with little damages cost more than the cost of the car.
- Take or tow your car to an auto repair shop and get it repaired– If you think that you do not need to sell car for cash and it can be used again with some repair, then do not file the claim. This is a good option if you realize that the money you will get from the insurer against your claim will not be sufficient enough to help you buy something new and more reliable than what you have.
- Sell your wrecked car to a junkyard or to a car buying company or dealership– In case you think that buying a new car by selling your wrecked car for cash is a better option, then there are numerous ways to do this. You can contact a junkyard or a car buying company or dealership which is licensed and offers top dollar for junk or wrecked car.
- Keep the car without spending money on its repair– If there is only superficial damage in your car, which does not bother you much and is not affecting the functionality of the car, then you can keep your car without repair.
- Donate the car for charity– Lastly, if you think that giving the car in charity will not affect your pocket then go ahead and contact a donation service in your state.
How the status of a car title can tell the car’s history?
The car title is a legal document issued by the Department of Motor Vehicle which tells the owner of the car. In this document things about the car like the make, model and year are present. It also has the name and address of the title owner. Along with these details, the car title also tells about the history of the car according to the category in which it falls. There are four different types of car titles. These are: clean, clear, salvage and rebuilt title. A clean title indicates that the car is free from the damages which are significant enough and has never been declared totaled. Clear title confirms that the car undisputedly belongs to its owner. A salvage title declares that the car cannot be driven or sold with the condition it is in. Lastly rebuilt title is given to a car which has been declared salvage and is now reconstructed and repaired.
No matter whichever title your car has got, sellthecars.com has the solution for all. It is the best place to sell car for cash. Being a nationwide company located in the USA, Sell the Cars offers the best price for cars of any make, model, and condition. Do not delay and get the quote for your car today.